Chris Morris, CPA
I am the founder and managing partner for Chris Morris CPA LLC, an accounting firm focused on meeting the needs of small business owners. I have worked in accounting and finance for nearly two decades, but over the past five years, I have focused on building my firm and serving my clients. I have developed niche expertise for creative entrepreneurs and specifically authors, which now represent more than 65 percent of my clients.
My first book is Oh Snap! I’m Making Money, Now What? A Creative Entrepreneur’s Guide to Managing Taxes & Accounting for a Growing Business. I tackle all the questions creative entrepreneurs will have as their business begins to bring in revenue and provide a go-to resource in an easy question-and-answer format. I accomplish this while staying interesting enough for any author to read.
I have also written Perfectly Abnormal: Uncovering the Image of God in Chronic Illness. In this book, I tear down the erroneous and misinformed beliefs surrounding chronic illness. From the unique standpoint of being both a parent of a special-needs daughter and having a seizure disorder myself, I guide readers through difficult terrain by shredding the eight most common myths the chronic illness community faces.
In addition to serving regularly as a faculty member at writing conferences, I understand the challenges of being a writer myself. Beyond my two books mentioned above, I have been published in a variety of online magazines (references available if needed) and contributed to two books:
- Couch Rebels: Because Stories Like These Aren’t Told by Potatoes
- Father Factor: American Christian Men on Fatherhood and Faith
I have been on the faculty or served as a sponsor with a speaking slot at a number of conferences, teaching on many of the topics addressed in my books:
- Realm Makers Conference: 2015, 2016, 2017
- Orange County Christian Writers’ Conference: 2016
- PENCON: 2016
- Mount Hermon Christian Writers’ Conference: 2017, 2018, 2019
- SoCal Christian Writers’ Conference: 2017, 2018
- StoryMakers University: 2017
- The Well @ Lake Michigan: 2018
- Montrose Christian Writers’ Conference: 2018