Working with a mentor who is an experienced professional can help guide you through your editing journey. Mentors provide knowledge and guidance, as well as help stimulate personal and professional growth. Mentors also . . .
- discover what areas need improvement in your professional journey
- offer encouragement and constructive feedback
- create goals and action items for your business
- provide sounding boards for discussion
- access editing ability
- become trusted advisors
- share mistakes and pitfalls to avoid
- help you get connected to others in the industry
The PEN Institute offers two types of mentoring options—individual and group. With individual mentoring, you work personally with your mentor for one-hour sessions at a time. Group mentoring provides four one-hour sessions with a small group (five students maximum). To discover more about individual or group mentoring, click below.