Editing YA Fiction 101 LESSON PACK
Editing YA Fiction 101 guides participants through the nuances of microediting YA fiction. The course covers the particulars of copyediting and line editing as they apply specifically to YA material, to touch on details also related to the following:
• Rock-solid sentence structure
• Steady, appropriately paced plot flow
• Clever, effective point of view
• Strong, believable characterization
• Realistic settings and scenes
• Authentic, age-specific tone of voice
• Engaging and unique style
Learn when and how to draft a comprehensive style sheet or editorial letter and the tricks to balancing a softer editing touch with weightier queries and suggestions for the author or publisher. Get to know the very lighthearted but demanding YA demographic—no room for lulls in the narrative for this fast-paced audience. The only course requirement is a willingness to have fun with it!
There are no reviews yet.