Mastering the Manuals 201 VIDEO COURSE
Mastering the Manuals 201: Essential References and Style Guides
This four-week video course surveys a library of essential reference manuals and style guides for the Christian editor, exploring their unique contributions and value in building an editor’s skill set.
As a flexible video course, students register at their convenience and complete the lessons at their own pace. Once per quarter, instructor Natalie Nyquist will host a one-hour, live Q&A session for all the students who registered that quarter. Students can ask questions during the session or submit them ahead of time. During the hour Natalie will offer additional explanation, resources, and the results of any research she completed based on the questions submitted beforehand.
In this course, editors will:
- Explore the mind-set and framework for answering questions while editing
- Explore essential references to confidently validate edits to clients
- Understand the contents, general purpose, and common uses for eight Christian editing resources
- Tour the Webster’s and Christian Writers Market Guide subscription sites
- Practice searches and troubleshooting on web resources Bible Gateway and WorldCat
- Set goals for learning a target reference book that best supports personal specializations
Instructor: Natalie Nyquist
Format: This is a Video Course. The curriculum consists of four videos with self-guided notes. Video courses include a one-hour group mentoring session with the instructor.
Prerequisite: There are no required prerequisites for this course; however, the webinar Mastering the Manuals 101 is highly recommended.
Base price: $79 (members of The Christian PEN receive discounts)
Registration deadline: There is no deadline; this course is available at all times.
Course outline: Mastering the Manuals 201 Course Outline